Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm going boating in February!

That’s it! I’m heading out to Blue Marsh Lake tonight. I’ve had enough of waiting for spring to get here. Tonight after work I’m going to take my ice pick from home and go boating.

Ok, I’m not really going to go boating. I have a meeting tonight out at Blue Marsh Lake in Reading. But I will be so close to the Lake I am going to go down to the ramp and check it out. Yes it will be dark, cold, and deserted, but just to get close to the water will do me good. It has been too long since I have gone boating. This past October was the last time I relaxed out on the lake. So as I stand on the lakeshore tonight I will remember all of the fun my family and I had here last year. I will remember swimming, cruising, tubing, skiing, attempting to wakeboard, and (as my daughter says it) “Soaking up the sun”. That’s her favorite song. Then I will begin to look forward to this season. My wife and I will begin planning those lazy days on the lake. So if you are at home and waiting for the warm days to arrive you should know you are not alone. I am sure there are other souls like me staring out a window or on a cold lakeshore waiting patiently for the first warm day of spring. Hurry up Mother Nature!
See you on the water,
Bobby

No comments: