Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blue Marsh Lake Report - March

On Saturday I took a trip out to Blue Marsh Lake in Reading.  With the warm weather this past weekend I was thinking about boating.  Of course it's way too early for that!  Everyone will be happy to know the lake is still there.  The trees and grass are brown, there are no docks in the water, and the water level is low.  However, the lake is still there.


I was surprised to find I was not the only one thinking about boating.  I witnessed several boats out on the lake!  Granted they where fishing not skiing.  But they where boating!  Also to my surprised I found one of our customers AJ Devine walking around the lakeshore.  He also is getting the boating itch.  One thing AJ and I did notice was that the lake level was lower than normal.  A quick call to the Ranger Station and Ranger Kathy revealed the lake is down about 6 feet, which is correct for this time of year.  It will be back up to it's normal level when boating season starts.  That's good because my boat would not like all those rocks.


On my way out of the Lake I noticed a sign for the Visitors Center.  I had a little extra time so I decided to see what it was like.  The Visitors center sits high up on a hill overlooking the Dam and Lake.  It's a great view!  Inside the structure is a great amount of information about the Lake, Dam, and surrounding area.  If you still are not ready to go boating and want a nice place to just enjoy the view plus learn a little history this is a great spot.

    


Thanks for reading the Blue Marsh Lake Report!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: